Is Aloe cultivated in Italy?
One of our strengths is the plant in Molise, in Termoli, the headquarters, where Aloe is cultivated and processed. Aloe plants are grown in the greenhouse, not far from the Research, Development and Production laboratories, to guarantee the final “Made in Italy” quality. Where are the greenhouses located?
The greenhouses of organic agriculture are located in Larino, near Termoli, in Molise, very close to the research and development laboratory. The greenhouses maintain a mild and constant temperature all year round. Close proximity to the laboratory guarantees the rapid collection and production process, which helps to reduce contamination and oxidation of the raw material.
Are the products without aloin?
Aloe leaves are carefully worked by hand. Only the inner gel (parenchyma) is extracted, eliminating all the external green part. The manual decortication of the leaf is extremely accurate, in order to reduce the presence of aloin. In our internal protocols, frequent and constant checks are made to evaluate the aloin concentration. The concentration of aloin is well below 10 ppm, which is conventionally referred to as the maximum limit for food products, although there is no legal limit. As a maximum limit we have internally defined 0.01 ppm (0.1 part per million) = 0.1 mg / L. This value is the LOQ (limit of detection), which is the minimum concentration limit up to which it is possible to obtain a quantitative measure. Below this small value, the instrument fails to quantify the molecule, and conventionally it is considered free of aloin.
Are products biological?
Yes, our cosmetic product lines are organic as well as the Alba, Aloe Goji and Aloe Papaya juices, seeds and nuts.
How Aloe leaves are processed?
6 steps from plant to packaging:
- Harvesting the leaves in our crops: after a very careful selection the leaves are chosen: 4-5 years (closer to the ground), with a minimum weight of 800g and about 50cm of length. These leaves contain a high concentration of bioactive molecules;
- Transporting to our laboratories: a very fast phase, to avoid any oxidation process;
- Washing of leaves: each leaf is washed carefully. In this way, the pulp can be easily stabilized without the aid of heat, pasteurization or exaggerated preserving efforts;
- Leaf processing: the base, the tip and the thorny sides of the leaf are eliminated. Manual decortication is very careful to reduce the presence of the albumin. The only extracted part is the internal gel, or parachetamine.
- Fluidification of the gel that is processed cold, without the use of enzymes and pasteurization. The gel is homogenized by vacuum stirring, allowing the active starting components to be kept intact.
- Stabilization and packaging: the last step is the one that leads to the realization of the final product.
Do the products contain water?
No, our products are called “Zero Water”. Being a zero water product means maintaining the qualities of the main component, without adding unnecessary substances that risk diluting the properties of the product.
The pure juice of Aloe Vera is the main component of our products, to which water is not added to maintain a better quality.
Are the filaments present in food supplements edible?
Yes, the filaments in Aloe Tai, Aloe Pomegranate, Aloe Power Juice and Aloe & Miele are edible. They are part of the Aloe Vera and retain all its properties and benefits.
Are there any additives in the products? Which ones?
The additives that may be present in our products are preservatives, acidifiers, acidity regulators and antioxidants. The contents of each product are specified.
For example, in Aloe Tai there are preservatives: sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate, as an acidifier, so the pH regulator is citric acid, as an ascorbic acid antioxidant.
Can juices be diluted in water?
Yes. If you do not like the taste of the juice or prefer to dilute it, you can add water or fruit juice: the properties of your drink will remain unchanged!
How to consume Aloe Juice?
Shake well before use. We recommend a daily dose of 50 ml of product in the morning on an empty stomach.
What does it mean that the products are organic?
The ingredients that make up our products respect the biological systems, natural cycles of the Earth and the natural growth of the plants. They contain no harmful or polluting chemicals and parasitic fertilizers, growth is not accelerated. They are based solely on the diversified range of natural world ingredients and animal extracts, which have no impact on animal health. The organic biocosmetic quality label identifies natural and biological products derived from the plant and animal world, guaranteeing purity and quality from the biological point of view. Organic cosmetics are composed of ingredients that have aesthetic and curative functions and do not damage the skin. All processes of the production of natural raw materials and the product comply with the guidelines of the specification, which establish the physical and biological processes allowed for the production of natural ingredients, the accepted chemical reactions, the permitted synthetic ingredients, the substances of origin natural products approved for the use of certified cosmetics and substances of natural origin that must be obtained from organic raw materials.
The production processes are aimed at reducing pollution, emissions with a strong environmental impact and do not have to test products on animals, thus safeguarding the environment and natural resources. The biological biocosmetic products are composed of natural, mineral, organic and vegetable origin ingredients. All the ingredients present in the product must be specified in the INCI, on the label, which must be approved by Suolo and Salute.
What does it mean that the products are “Vegan OK”?
The “Vegan OK” certification is the first and only ethical certification of vegan products in Italy, which incorporates a philosophy, a culture and an environmentalist and healthy lifestyle. It is the most widespread ethical standard in the world, with over 1,000 certified realities, which guarantees the consumer precise ethical and environmental characteristics.
Our products are “Vegan OK” certified - this means that in addition to not containing substances of petrochemical origin, such as perfumes and silicones, our products are without animal components in their entirety and have not been tested on animals. As a company we guarantee that our products comply with the discipline and “Vegan OK” has overseen all aspects of the product.
What are the properties of Aloe Vera?
The properties of the aloe are:
- Aloe contains enzymes (carboxypeptidase), glycoproeins (aloctin), organic acids (salicylic acid, campesterol and β-sitosterol) that reduce the production of prostagladins and laukotrienes which are mediators of inflammation.
- The bradykinase enzyme inhibits the formation of bradykinin, an inflammatory and painful agent; salicylic acid inhibits the formation of inflammatory prostagladins.
- The presence of the complex phytate formed by aloctin A and acemannan has shown a remarkable activation of the immune system that improves the response to seasonal stress.
- The enzymes contained allow active components to penetrate and eliminate dead tissues, while essential amino acids help regenerate damaged tissues, nourish and strengthen healthy cells.
- Aloe vera is rich in active ingredients (vitamins and derivatives; A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, beta-carotene, essential and non-essential amino acids, enzymes, mono- and polysaccharides, minerals salts, sterols).
- Anthraquinones promote digestion and regulate intestinal transit. Aloe juice provides valuable help in case of acidity and gastric reflux.
- Antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal
- Polysaccharides (glucomannans), anthraquinones (aloe-emodin) and saponins counteract the growth of bacteria, viruses and fungi, and synergistically stimulate the activity of leukocytes and phagocytes in the removal of infectious agents. These properties make aloe, ideal in the formulation of skin care cosmetics, antiperspirant deodorants, as well as in intimate dermatos.
- The polysaccharides contained in the gel stimulate the fibroblasts and the production of collagen, accelerating the healing and healing of wounds.
- Contains numerous substances with a strong antioxidant power to counteract oxidative stress.
- Moisturizing and softening
- It improves the morphological characters of dry skin that are smoother and homogeneous, of oily skin, which are less oily and above all senescent skin that show an attenuation of wrinkles. The moisturizing power is due to polysaccharides that facilitate the absorption and penetration of water into the skin, and through the formation of a film-forming barrier they prevent loss by evaporation or sweating.
- Restructuring, soothing
- Effective soothing in case of burns, insect bites, ulcerative lesions, dermatitis and regenerating in case of solar erythema or even shaving or depilation abrasions. While the enzymes guarantee the power of penetration and the ability to free the body from the dead tissues, the amino acids provide a solid basis for the regeneration of healthy tissues.
Where do the seeds and nuts come from?
We have carefully selected for you the best countries and areas for the origin of our seeds and nuts. You can find them written on the package or ask us to write to them.
Should Benessence food supplements be taken away from meals?
We recommend using Aloe Vera juice on an empty stomach for maximum benefits.
What is the daily dose of supplements that you recommend taking?
We recommend taking 50 ml of juice a day, in the early morning, on an empty stomach before breakfast.
How long do you need to take aloe-based food supplements?
Aloe Vera supplements are not medications, there is no intake limit.